6.21.2004

flight

I came into work this morning and as I sat down at my desk, I heard a very determined "PEEP! PeeP!" It was yet another hummingbird, attracted somehow to our lab! She was pretty distressed, but she seemed (unlike the one 2 weeks ago) to trust me to help it get free. When I walked over to the windows, she followed me, but didn't fly out. (arg) Finally, I lured her successfully out the window by taping up a piece of red paper. I heard her peeping to find her friends outside. poor thing. we need to get some screens.

The second flight-oriented comment - SpaceShipOne has done it! It took off at about 6:50am this morning, detached from it's momma plane, and shot up to 47,000 ft and was weightless. pretty dern cool. That and the news story from last week about humans being able to control video games with thoughts make the world of science fiction that much closer...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home