5.20.2004

baghdad blogs

I don't know why I didn't think of this a long time ago, but there are a plethora of blogs written by Iraqis and non-Iraqis who are in Iraq right now. It's an interesting (if depressing) thing to read what they are thinking and experiencing as they live through the war/occupation. It makes it easier to understand what's happening since they aren't sanitized reports of the violence, disrespect and loss.

Yesterday I found this blog called Baghdad Burning, and have been "enjoying" reading it. I was especially struck by the descriptions she offers in her March 19, 2004 post.

There is also a very well-known blog from Iraq called Dear Raed that has been writen about in The Guardian, etc.

Nice to have the opportunity to personalize and humanize the war for which my taxes are paying...

2 Comments:

Blogger Bjetsey said...

another good site: back-to-iraq.com

11:11 AM  
Blogger Bjetsey said...

http://healingiraq.blogspot.com/

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home