5.28.2004

and so it begins...

Today after work Dan and I motorbiked over to the Cheese Board. Everyone knew him. Everyone was friendly (which made them seem younger, oddly). I even got to go in the back and schmooze with various members about housing and school. fun!

what cheese did we experience, you ask? many. my card was the king of clubs. I wanted something goaty and fresh, but a bit ripened. So Paul let me taste about 5 different goat cheeses. The first was a reallllly strong goat cheese. there was goat right up in my face wagging its little tail. Then a really salty one. Then 2 non-strong. And last, the winner, >garotin<, from southern france somewheres. It comes as one of those cute little cakes, with a washed rind. After I decided, Paul said that we had to taste the organic cabot chedder that had just come in. So we did. it was tasty too! We ended up getting a little cake of the Garotin and about a 1/4 lb of the chedder.

yum! so we just finished our second cheese plate of the evening (one early, one late, no dinner). We added in our Italian-bought balsamic vinegar and the last of the farmers market peaches. siiigh. I am a lucky llamaducky.

1 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

Yo!
MMmmmmmm cheese.....
i love cheese....
^_^
pictures are coming...

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home